DA Workshop: Writing on Design, Lana Lopesi, September 15th, Auckland
Design Assembly is delighted to present Lana Lopesi, Editor of our Aotearoa Design Thinking 2017 series, for this half-day Auckland workshop Writing on Design.
Writing on Design
Friday 15th September
13 Rose Road, Ponsonby
$350 Professional / $250 Design Assembly Friend / $150 Design Assembly Student Friend
(Not a DA Friend? Details on how to sign up can be found here).
Book your tickets by clicking here.
When you are an expert in visual communication, the last thing you want to do is to reduce your work to words, “the common language”. However, the skill of being able to communicate your strategies and ideas through writing is an essential part of any designer’s skill set, to help give that extra edge for your next project.
Join us as we take a practical approach to explore the best ways to write about your design work, a valuable tool for any creative toolkit.
During the half-day workshop participants will:
- Learn about unique approaches to writing about design.
- Learn writing techniques to approach thinking about how to articulate.
- Gain confidence in their ability to write about their design work.
- Learn how to win client buy-in on strategies and ideas through writing (as the common language shared between the designer and the client) before you start on the visuals.
- Learn how to write rationales about your design work which you can use for entry into awards, for case studies on your website, for sharing your design work across social media and for that write-up on Design Assembly.
Image: Jan Kahánek unsplash.com
Terms and Conditions: If you cancel your ticket more than 8 days ahead of the workshop, 100% of your ticket will be refunded. Within 7 days of the workshop, 50% of the ticket price will be refunded or you can transfer your ticket to another Design Assembly workshop within a year.