Design Assembly has partnered with Rocketspark on this unique event created for freelance graphic designers.
DA Friends ask us about the discount code!
Come together to connect with other designers, hear from Reuben Woods about his award winning branding process, and get practical advice from a panel of successful freelancers. Plus, enjoy some tasty treats from Elspeth!
Reuben Woods of Woods Agency wiill be sharing his award-winning branding project for his client Pāpāmoa Board Riders Club. Reuben will also join our Q&A panel to share his valuable insights and practical tips on how to elevate your design skills and run a successful design business.
This event will consist of:
- Q&A panel session. Our expert Q&A panel will discuss key topics related to running a freelance design business — getting started, finding clients, managing projects, and delivering results.
- Round table discussions. Skip the small talk with meaningful round table conversations at set place settings. Dive into topics that resonate with you, led by table hosts who understand the freelance design journey.
- Guest speaker, Reuben Woods. Our guest speaker, Reuben Woods, will share his design process and provide inspiration that will leave you feeling energised and ready to take on new challenges.
- Tasty treats from Elspeth Bakery. And what’s an event without delicious food? You can indulge in tasty treats from Elspeth while connecting with other designers at set place settings.
Meet the Panellists:
Minja van der Paard, Relatable Design Co
Minja (Min-ya), founded Relatable Design Co. 2 years ago. Taking the leap, she embraced the journey of running her own business and is excited to share her insights with other designers.
Tonia Reid, Greenhouse Creative
Tonia is a brand strategist and website designer based in Auckland. She started her business, in 2003 and has never looked back. Tonia works with all sorts of clients and enjoys sharing her knowledge with other designers.
What you’ll get out of this event
- More business confidence. Gain valuable insights from experienced freelancers and learn practical tips and strategies for managing your design business. Build your confidence and take control to achieve the profitability need for the life you want
- Connect with other freelance designers. Join us and take your business to the next level with the support of a community that understands your struggles and can help you succeed.
- Inspiration. With Reuben, you’ll gain fresh perspectives on the latest trends and best practices in branding design. Design upskilling is a constant in the industry and as your skills grow, so too will your business.
Pāpāmoa Surf Life Saving club
This beachfront location offers stunning views of the ocean and a relaxed vibe that is perfect for connecting with other freelance designers. We can’t wait to see you there!
$50 for the public
$40 for DA Friends (ask us for the code!)
“I love attending these events! The opportunity to connect with other creatives, learn from industry experts, and be inspired in a warm and welcoming environment is well worth it.” – Bron Alexander, Designer/Illustrator