UX Gym Workshop Auckland: Introduction to User Research
April 12, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Who is it for
No prior knowledge is required to do this course, it is suitable for absolute beginners. However the course is primarily aimed at:
- Designers & developers: Designers and developers who want to learn how to discover the needs of the people you are designing for.
- Strategists and analysts: Senior practitioners who want to gain an understanding of the basic principles of user research and put some flesh around their current practice.
- Product owners and project managers: Product owners and project managers who want a better understanding of what their researchers need, how to use research to increase the quality of their decisions or who want to build the capabilities of themselves and their teams.
On the day
- You will learn how to identify if a project needs user research: You will learn how to analyse a project to identify if that project needs formative user research in order to achieve its goals.
- You will learn how to identify the kind of research you need: You will learn the different types of user research available to you and how to identify which one is the most likely to get you valid results given the time and resources available to you.
- You will experience putting user research into practice: You will get to work in a team to design and execute a research project.
- You will experience analysing and making sense of user research results: You will learn about common analysis techniques to make sense of the data you have collected and you will get to use one of those techniques on your own data.
- You will learn how to present research finding: You will learn how to present you research in a way that is meaningful and compelling.
There are no prerequisites for this course, no previous experience with design or research is required.