The Freelancing Diaries: End of Financial Year & what you need to know as a self-employed creative
This series is in partnership with our friends at Hnry.
Welcome back Friends!
It’s that time of the year again! No, not just tax season but the time where we team up with our friends at Hnry to share some very timely tips for our freelancing and self-employed creative community. ( See last year’s series on creative freelancers & the 4-1-1 on ACC along with our Deep Tea interview. )
Many of us go to school to learn our craft and we get really good at what we do.
However, when it comes to running our own small freelancing hustles, we don’t always have the information we need to make smart business decisions – especially when it comes to navigating taxes.
That’s why we’ve come together with Hnry to help share some handy ( & free ) tips for any of you fellow solo creative operators out there. So you can find your very own version of financial success whilst doing what you love.
This month’s education series will focus on the End of Financial Year ( EOFY ) and what you need to know as a freelancer/self-employed creative.
Throughout this month’s series you’ll learn about:
- An introduction to tax returns
- Key dates & deadlines
- How to claim business expenses
- Hear from a fellow freelance creative on their self-employed journey
Join us online on 28 February for a FREE webinar on ‘Preparing yourself for the end of the financial year as a freelancer’ with Hnry.
*All registered attendees will get access to watch the webinar recap on-demand following the event ( you must be registered to receive this link).
Here’s what’s coming up this month:
- 13 Feb: ( Article ) Freelancing essentials: A self-employed creative’s guide to the End of Financial Year
- 20 Feb: ( Article ) Sharing the deep tea with freelance designer Ash Matthews
- 28 Feb: ( Free Webinar ) Live learning session: Preparing yourself for the end of the financial year as a freelancer.