UX Gym Workshop Auckland: User Testing & Prototyping
August 17, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
User testing designs through prototyping helps us to safely explore risky ideas, get a feel for how real people will respond to our designs and most importantly lets us fail cheaply and privately instead of publicly and expensively. But how many users do we need? How do we identify what to test? How do we know the way we designed and ran the test is producing valid results? How do we recruit people? How do we integrate user testing into a project without adding unsustainable expense and time to a project?
This 6 hour course teaches current best practice for user testing digital products and services. It gives you hands on experience of designing and running effective user testing sessions suitable for both new designs and existing products and services.
- Current user testing theory
- How to identify when user testing is required
- Common user testing techniques
- Identifying the most appropriate technique for your needs
- How to ascertain the number of users you need for valid results
- How to recruit users
- How to design effective tests
- Common prototyping tools
- Using modern prototyping tools
- How to create prototypes
- How to interpret test results
You get practical experience in:
- Identifying areas for testing
- Designing user tests
- Creating low fidelity paper prototypes
- Creating prototypes using a modern prototyping tool
- Running user tests
- Interpreting test results
- Iterating your design based on your test results
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for anyone looking for an evidence based approach to validating their existing digital products or new design ideas. It is particularly suitable for:
- Designers and developers
- Product owners
- Project managers
- Entrepreneurs and startups
No previous design or coding experience is required.
You will need a laptop capable of connecting to a wireless network. We may be able to provide you with a laptop if you don’t have one – please contact us at least two weeks before the course date.
All other materials are provided.
Date: August 17, 2018
Time: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Event Category: Workshops
30 Pollen Street
Auckland, Auckland New Zealand
+ Google Map