ONLINE WEBINAR: How to protect your brand with Word – An introduction to building Word templates
June 14 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
In this 45 minute session we’ll delve into the world of Word templates, and how they can help businesses look after the brands you’ve created for them, all in the context of a high-speed letterhead template demonstration build.
Who is the workshop for?
This is for anyone who wants to demystify the world of Word templates. It will be of particular interest to designers who want to know how to build a simple template and for those who are already building templates. It will also be relevant to designers and account managers who want to understand the limitations of working with Word and how Microsoft can be used to help protect brands. The workshop will be conducted using Word on a PC.
What will you learn?
- How a well-built Word template can protect the brand you’ve designed
- What can / can’t be built in Word
- What questions to ask a client who has requested a template
- How Word and PowerPoint work together
How to build a Letterhead template
- File formats (dotx)
- Working with themes
- Issues with custom Fonts
- How to work with colours
- Page setup and margins
- Headers and footers, page numbers
- How to manage different page layouts, with section breaks and Different First Page
- Working with type styles
- Introducing List Styles and table styles
- Simple content control fields (click here to add text)
- Suggestions for sample content
- Quick Parts
- Content Controls
- Custom fonts
What to bring with you:
This is a sit back and take notes workshop, rather than follow along and build, so no need to bring a computer, but questions are always appreciated. Word experience is a help, but not crucial, and note that it will be conducted on a PC, not a Mac.
About the facilitator:
Tim is a founder of Timplates, a specialist Word and PowerPoint design and template building studio. Previously a Graphic designer, Tim has dedicated the last 12 years to proving that Microsoft and Graphic design are not mutually exclusive.
Date: June 14
Time: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Event Category: Events