UX/UI Designer / $160k – $170k
creative. digital. marketing. recruitment.
Are you passionate and highly skilled in the creation and delivery of seamless digital experiences? Do you enjoy designing user experiences for deeply complex industries and environments? Do you have a strong opinion on experience and product design that you think should be heard?
Our client, a well-established company in the banking sector, are searching for their next senior UX/UI Designer to join their talented and growing team. You’ll be no stranger to creating intelligent, yet simple user experiences, guided user journeys, and stunning user interfaces that surprise and delight.
You’ll work with industry-leading experience and product teams who will inform your approach to human-centred design, creating a pathway for your design solutions
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the development process, sharp ‘design thinking,’ understand best practices concerning UX/UI, and an innate desire and passion to grow through proactive collaboration and empathy with your fellow colleagues.
You could be someone from a digital or experience agency looking to move client-side but still retain variety of work and solve complex design challenges. Or you could be client/SaaS-side wanting to join a company pushing the boundaries in financial technology.
Apply today if you’re looking for an opportunity to grow professionally and have your user-centered design ideas heard!
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5+ years’ experience in UX / UI design
- An established portfolio demonstrating your experience and ability
- Aware of all best practices regarding end-to-end product design
Some key responsibilities are:
- Deliver a UX vision along with a plan for evolutionary iterative updates that actualise the larger vision
- Facilitate and/or participate in design-led workshops and research sessions with product teams
- Research, plan, and create user flows and wireframes, customer journeys, interactive prototypes, and sitemaps
- Be an advocate for user-centered design, scales frameworks, and the design process
- Proficiently work in tools like Figma, Miro, and InVision, to design and deliver experiences
- Communicate complex interactions concepts clearly and persuasively
- Work with product owners and agile scrum teams to define and design customer interaction and visual treatments required for the product being implemented
Are you someone who is:
- Great collaborator and communicator?
- Entrepreneurial spirited and wanting to step up?
- Passionate about your craft and human-centered design?
- Competitive salary of up to $160k – $170k per annum + KiwiSaver
- Flexible working arrangements
- An extra 5 days of Well-being leave each year
- Career growth and programmes to recognise top performers!
This is a pivotal career opportunity within a customer-first environment. This role offers the opportunity to grow your career work on diverse projects, with interesting customers, learn new technology and make your mark in a high-performing team!
Due to current border restrictions, we are only able to accept applications from people entitled to work in, and currently residing in New Zealand.
If this role sounds like you, apply today with a brief summary of why you may be interested in this position to Will Gregory at email@example.com.
About The Pond:
The Pond is committed to becoming New Zealand’s number one specialist recruiter in the Digital & Tech, Creative & Design, and Marketing & Sales sectors. We focus on finding the best candidates in the local and overseas market, that last the distance and help transform our clients’ businesses. Established in 2006, The Pond is driven by a dedicated team of experienced recruiters and support team who get results for clients daily. Our audited placement average is 4.6 years, so the people we place do stick.
To apply for this job please visit thepond.net.