Art Director / Graphic Designer
Website creativestorenz The Creative Store
Great Jobs. Great People.
This is a fantastic permanent role for a senior level Art Director and Graphic Designer, who is looking to be part of an agency based in Ponsonby, Auckland and be the 2IC to the CD.
You will be working across a variety of clients and collaborating closely with the creative team, to ensure high-quality work is produced for various digital applications and websites. You will be joining an innovative agency with a diverse client base, ranging from start-ups and big corporate clients, through to big name brands creating crafted digital experiences, intuitive digital solutions and campaigns. You will bring 10 years of experience and work directly with the Creative Director.
• This is a senior position to collaborate with the Creative Director as her 21C
• Display strong conceptual and ideas-driven work
• Proven experience across mixed media (print, digital, social, big, and small)
• A natural leader and confident mentoring
• A genuine interest and passion for all things design and how humans engage with it
Summary of Experience
In this role, you will support the Creative Director and design team in Auckland. You lead by example, by working directly on projects to the highest standard, and creatively across all major client presentations. Collaborating with key players (account service, directors, creative team, copywriters, strategists, and producers) to ensure all required applications are uniquely created to a high standard of excellence and vision/direction are realised. You will have experience and be happy to step up and lead assigned projects, ensuring deliverables are executed on time and set up to best practice. Working directly on (ideation and/or production) of creative responses, design collateral, brand identity, and content development for motion, animation, and film. Craftsmanship is key – you can convert ideas to concepts and design solutions and select the most appropriate way to visualise and present them. You understand storytelling and hierarchy and how best to communicate the core idea/message across design solutions.
A no-ego team player, full of ideas, and a well-rounded designer with art direction abilities. Championing creativity, you ensure you have a full understanding of the brief, brand, and target audience. You can push the boundaries of design solutions in line with current trends and the global creative landscape, making sure these still feel on-brand and deliver successfully to the brief. This role is for a design leader, who is self-assured with their design abilities and leadership skills.
What’s on Offer:
• Organizational skills
• Self-motivated and solutions focused
• Effective communication skills
• Good eye for detail (i.e., grammar)
• Takes direction well with ease and efficiency
• No ‘I’ in ‘Team’ – a dependable team player
• Positive and ability to stay calm under pressure
• Strives for creative excellence and uplift design standards
• Champion and gatekeeper of the brand, ensuring all external documents are of a high and consistent calibre (client, brand and social)
• Maintain internal stationary, i.e., Credentials, client communications/merch, website and email signatures
• Upkeep and maintain internal processes and folder structures
• Inspire creativity through best practices and sharing world/industry trends across design
• Implement and lead assigned jobs from a conceptual stage to production stage
• Work collaboratively with account managers, directors, suppliers, and creative team
• Good time management and organisation skills are essential to ensure critical deadlines and deliverables are not missed
• Push and elevate the design standard, individually and within the team
• Confident and articulate presenter – the ability to be client-facing and an enthusiastic participant in key meetings
• Art directs all elements of an assigned campaign, i.e., oversee creative across pre-production, shoot, post-production and ensure assets are delivered on time.
• Liaising with mac operators, designers, photographers, illustrators, talent, and copywriters etc to ensure outputs are executed on point to the overarching hero creative
• Awareness of and adherence to deadlines and budgets
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Be punctual and work the hours and times specified which are 8.30-5.30 Monday through Friday
• Prioritize workload to ensure work of the greatest importance to the business is undertaken to a high standard
• A second pair of senior eyes for junior staff to approve work and support the CD when she is not on site
• Support and help develop a positive workplace culture
If you are looking for a role where you will be collaborating with a friendly team – we would love to hear from you.
Send your CV and work to Hana Chadwick at The Creative Store, email email@example.com, or call The Creative Store on (09) 365 1077 for more details.
Visit The Creative Store website www.thecreativestore.co.nz to view all our jobs online.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org