At Daylight, we help brands and organisations to rapidly respond to the world as it shits. Built from a collision of storytelling and tech, our team has a global reputation for the way we think, work, and create for our world in motion.
Working closely with the creative director, you’ll lead key project concepting, development, and delivery, working seamlessly with our craft department and junior creative teams.
What’s the role?
As a senior copywriter at Daylight, you’re responsible for our creative outputs across a range of our key and high-profile clients.
At Daylight, we ensure that we tell each story with integrity and meaning. We make sure we understand the context, the objective of the brief, and the audience that we’re talking to. Once we have that background, we dive deep to find the best story to be told and bring that to life through channels and platforms where our audiences live.
As a senior copywriter, you’ll be expected to conceptualise new ideas and respond to briefs in collaboration with our creative director, junior creative teams, art director partners, and craft department — Daylight’s a moving and dynamic place!
You need to have a passion for helping to find and define unique and sharp insights, a finger on the pulse when it comes to cultural trends and shifts, and be brilliant at translating that into clear and compelling ideas that help make Daylight uniquely us.
What are you responsible for?
– Ideation and concept generation for our large-scale and key client briefs
– Copy ideation and development across campaigns: leading messaging, hierarchy, and clarity of our communication
– Overseeing junior creative teams and ensuring the quality of work is being delivered across all tiers of briefs
– Presentation of creative thinking: leading the development of work and ensuring this is clearly presented and delivered in the room with our clients
– Working closely with senior account management and digital production teams, helping to ensure work aligns with brief objectives and has been clearly constructed
– Working closely with our studio manager to manage your own workload and timings, ensuring you’re delivering to briefs on time and to a high standard
– Mentoring and supporting junior creative teams
– Supporting and building relationships with our craft and digital departments, including designers, animators, illustrators, editors, and developers
– Helping to manage and select relationships with external production partners where required, to ensure the best creative product is being delivered
– Proactive idea generation and support in coming up with ideas that can be presented to new and existing client partners
– Helping to lead internal branding and communications for Daylight, championing our tone and brand ideation where required
Some key things we’re looking for:
– 7+ years of agency experience
– Great communication skills and ability to work with internal team members, production partners, and clients
– Strong and capable presentation skills, that enable you to lead presentations to senior clients
– Impeccable literary skills and understanding
– Solid experience and passion for writing, journalism, and all things media
– A mixed background of experiences, which have led to the role you are in today
– Experience and understanding of digital technology and emerging trends
– Passion for pushing boundaries, an obsession with all things media, and just generally an all-round good sort that people love to work with 🙂
Please share a cover letter, CV, and link to your book for us to have a look through
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.co.nz.