Graphic Designer (Intermediate)
Website Hastings District Council
There’s a palpable energy in Hastings these days, a ‘buzz’ that comes from the new ideas and creativity that is flowing into the district. It feels exciting and optimistic, and gives us many stories to tell and even more reasons to celebrate Hastings, and Council has a huge role to play in ensuring we keep momentum going.
Our Council is focused on improving the prosperity and happiness of our people, increasing the vibrancy and economic success of our place, and reducing our impact on our environment.
To help us succeed in our vision, we are seeking an intermediate graphic design professional to join our busy team.
Working alongside our Senior Graphic Designer, you will help Council reach their audiences with engaging, effective visual design using Council and Destination brand guidelines and strategies.
You will own projects from brief to completion, providing creative concepts and design solutions for all aspects of Council business including marketing assets, communications material, and digital media and audio-visual channels.
Reporting to the Marketing & Brand Lead, you will be a team player who brings a positive can-do influence and a sense of humour to the team. Council is a large and busy organisation, so the ability to handle a variety of competing priorities and reactive jobs is a must. Some abstract general knowledge to contribute to the daily Stuff quiz is desirable but not essential. In return you will be supported by a strong, fun team including specialists across media, communications, digital and graphic design, and provided with support to continue developing your skills.
The successful candidate will have:
* Graphic Design qualification or similar.
* Minimum of three-year full-time hands-on graphic design experience and a passion for design excellence.
* Relevant experience (3-5 years) in Graphic Design and print production.
* Proven experience and highly proficient with Adobe software for graphic design: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign.
* In-depth knowledge of design to print processes and ability to manage a job from concept through to delivery of final product.
* Knowledge and engagement with social networking sites and digital marketing tools.
* Knowledge of contemporary art and/or design practice in New Zealand.
* Experience in designing social media assets such as reels and guides would be advantageous (Experience in Premiere Pro, After Effects and XD).
* Experience incorporating Māori design principles is desirable but not essential.
* A creative who can turn ideas and concepts into innovative and practical solutions.
Situated in the heart of Ngāti Kahungunu, Hastings and wider Hawke’s Bay offer an amazing environment in which to live, work and play.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we value diversity. Are you keen to be a part of our journey?
Applications Close: 25 September 2022
To apply for this job please visit hastingsdc.elmotalent.co.nz.