PLEASE NOTE THE DATE SHOWN ON THIS PAGE IS A PLACEHOLDER ONLY
This course has been postponed due the recent level change, and will be rescheduled once New Zealand returns to level 1 or 2. The date shown on this page of 31 December is a placeholder only to keep the even active.
If you enrol for this course then cannot make the date it is rescheduled for you are eligible for a full refund.
Learn how to run usability testing on existing digital products and services and create clickable prototypes for concepts still in the design stage. This practical course gives you everything you need to make sure the design, implementation and analysis of your tests gives you reliable and usable insights.
User testing designs through prototyping helps us to safely explore risky ideas, get a feel for how real people will respond to our designs and, most importantly, lets us fail cheaply and privately instead of expensively and publicly. This course covers everything you need to run a full usability test including identifying what to test, who to test with, and how to design, run and analyse usability tests to make sure you get valid and usable results. The course also includes hands-on experience creating a clickable prototype for products and services that are still in a concept or design stage.
The course covers:
- Identifying if usability testing is required
- What design questions usability testing can and cannot answer
- Identifying what to test
- Identifying your required test participants for a valid test
- Recruiting your test participants
- Designing a valid usability test
- Technical set-up requirements for a usability test
- Best practice for remote testing
- Facilitating a usability test
- Analysing your test results
- Presenting and documenting test results
- Creating a clickable prototype
During the course you will:
- Identify test areas
- Write a usability testing script
- Facilitate a usability test using a paper prototype
- Analyse your testing results
- Create a clickable prototype
- Facilitate a usability test on your clickable prototype
On completing the course you will:
- Be able to identify if testing is required
- Be able to identify areas of a design to test
- Be able to design, facilitate and analyse a usability test
- Be able to create a clickable prototype
In addition you receive:
- A certificate of completion if you attend the whole course and complete all the practical and theory portions of the course.
- Access to full online notes for the course and access to our community Slack channel to tap into the expertise and experience of our course alumni and facilitators.
What do you need?
You will need a laptop with the Chrome web browser installed. We provide all other necessary materials for this course.
On the day
We start at 9:30am and wrap up at 4:30pm with an hour for lunch at 12:30pm. Lunch is not provided, but we do provide coffee and healthy snacks.
Who is it for?
All are welcome and no prior knowledge is required to do this course. However, the course is primarily aimed at:
- Digital designers and design graduates
Web, interaction, and UX designers who want to be able to run usability tests to validate their designs.
- Strategists and analysts
Senior practitioners who want to better understand where and how usability testing can support a design effort.
Developers who want to be able to validate the interfaces they are creating.
- Product owners and project managers
Product owners and project managers who want a better understanding of how usability testing can get them better outcomes on their products and projects.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Note: DA Friends are eligible to register at the Unwaged Rate
This event is independently organised and operated by UX Gym. For any queries, please contact them directly.