UX for Government Morning Coffee Series
September 5 @ 7:30 am - September 9 @ 8:30 am
*7:30 to 8:30 every morning from 5 Sept – 9 Sept
Better UX for Government. A Free Morning Workshop Series (with coffee, of course). A series of free ‘before work’ UX workshops for people who work in public service and want to build their expertise in a human centred approach to user experience design.
UX Gym is hosting a series of one-hour workshops free for anyone who works for a government organisation. Each session covers a different stage of a human centred user experience design process including practical methods you can use immediately. These sessions are based on our popular UX Gym one-day design courses. Attendees get access to full course notes and the UX Gym Slack community.
Attendees will get to:
- Learn best practice principles and processes
- Experience practical methods you can use immediately.
- Gain access to full course notes and the UX Gym Slack community.
Who is it for?
This course is free for anyone who works for a government organisation. No previous experience is necessary, but people who have experience of UX design are more than welcome to come along and brush up.
We designed it for:
- People working directly on user experience, customer experience, and service design projects. This series focuses on digital UX projects, but the general principles are applicable to any experience design work.
- People who manage, commission, or liaise with people working on UX design projects.
- Product owners, designers, developers and BAs interested in UX or human-centred design generally.
What will you learn?
Introduction to UX and Planning UX Work: the fundamental concepts behind human-centred design and identifying the activities required for a successful UX project.
Customer / User Research: replacing speculation about the people you are designing for with facts in order to make more successful strategic and granular design decisions.
Information Architecture: the basic concepts behind organising the content and functionality of a website or app, so that it is findable and usable to your audience.
UI Design: basic concepts behind making good design decisions when designing user interfaces for screens.
Usability Testing: how to make sure your design actually works.
What will you need?
Just your brain! We provide all materials required for each session.
Free for anyone who works for a government organisation. If you are not sure if you qualify, register with your work email address and we will let you know if you aren’t eligible.