Learn how to create journey maps that take your customer insights and assumptions and map them out in a visual storyboard for maximum engagement from stakeholders, designers, and decision makers.
Journey maps (sometimes called customer-journey maps or user-journey maps) are a powerful tool for understanding and communicating the experience of the people you are designing for. This course takes you through identifying when journey maps are appropriate, the process of creating them, and how to make sure your map is actually used to make better decisions for your customers or users.
The course covers:
- How to identify when a journey map will be an effective tool for your project
- Generating the insights that inform a journey map
- Producing the map itself, including laying it out and creating the graphics to support it
- How to identify your audience and design a map that will be engaging and useful
During the course you will:
- Create a basic assumption-based journey map
- Conduct customer interviews to replace those assumptions with evidence
- Refine your journey map’s presentation
- Iterate your map through increasing levels of complexity
On completing the course you will:
- Be able to identify if a journey map is useful
- Be able to identify the data you need to create a journey map
- Be able to create a journey map based on evidence
- Know enough design basics to lay out your own journey map without help
In addition you receive:
- A certificate of completion if you attend the whole course and complete all the practical and theory portions of the course.
- Access to full online notes for the course and access to our community Slack channel to tap into the expertise and experience of our course alumni and facilitators.
What do you need?
You will need a laptop with the Chrome web browser installed. We provide all other necessary materials for this course.
On the day
We start at 9:30am and wrap up at 4:30pm with an hour for lunch at 12:30pm. Lunch is not provided, but we do provide coffee and healthy snacks.
Who is it for?
All are welcome and no prior knowledge is required to do this course. However, the course is primarily aimed at:
- Service, product and UX designers
Service, product and UX designers who want to extend their skill set into creating journey maps.
- Strategists and analysts
Senior practitioners who want to add journey mapping to their repertoire of techniques for communicating user or customer insights and positively influencing design decisions.
- Product owners and project managers
Product owners and project managers who want to introduce journey mapping to their teams or add it to their own process.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Note: DA Friends are eligible to register at the Unwaged Rate
This event is independently organised and operated by UX Gym. For any queries, please contact them directly.