Join one of the world-leading experts in Self-Selection, Sandy Mamoli, for this half-day Auckland workshop:
Self-Selection creates more efficient teams of happier people. Learn how to run your own self-selection event and how to overcome the roadblocks to self-selection nirvana.
Looking for the best way to organise small teams that can be truly productive? Self-selection is the simplest, fastest and most efficient way to form stable teams, based on the belief that people are happier and harder working if they can choose what they work on and who they work with.
Find out about the ideas and theories behind this exciting new approach to team creation, and learn a repeatable process to establish happier, more effective teams. Discover why self-selection is the best method of team design, and how to manage sticky questions and uncertainty when it comes to running your own self-selection event.
Learn from the people who quite literally wrote the book on the subject and find out what they’ve learnt from more than two year’s experience running self-selection events in large organisations.
You’ll also get direct hands-on experience—the workshop includes a large-scale simulation exercise where you’ll take part in a Self-Selection event for a fictitious company.
The nitty gritty—good for filling out those pesky personal development forms.
• Understanding the value of Self-Selection in creating happier, more effective teams.
• Learning to run your own self-selection event.
Who it’s for
Any kind of manager who wants to structure their organisations or department into small teams: for example, head of digital (CDO), CTO, head of projects, agile coach, head of marketing.
What you’ll learn
At the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
• Run your own self-selection events
• Explain why self-selection is the best way to ensure the best team design
• Describe a tried and tested process for self-selection that scales to hundreds of people
• Anticipate and address people’s questions and concerns before asking them to self-select
• Create a plan that includes a number of pre-requisites for self-selection success.
Training will be provided by one of the world-leading experts in Self-Selection, Sandy Mamoli. Sandy is an Agile enterprise coach and consultant with a focus on culture and leadership. As one of NZ’s leading Agile coaches, is the co-author of “Creating Great Teams — How Self-Selection Lets People Excel”.